Yesterday, was my best friend's birthday. Jane made a list of 30 things to do before she turns 30 (not that I'm telling anyone how old you are) and so in honor of her return to the blogging world, I decided my first post after a long hiatus would be in honor of her. I'll give you 30 reasons I'm glad we're friends...not in any specific order.
1. We are very silly together. That sounds weird, but it's true. She can get me to laugh at myself and be goofy in just about any situation.
2. Last summer, we were preggo together. This sounds strange too, but it was really nice having your best friend go through the same things you are going through. This was August when we were both about to pop and very hot, and very, very tired. Ok, well Jane had a few more months to go, but nevertheless, we were quite the site!
3. We like a lot of the same things: Jesus, FRIENDS, Harry Potter, beach vacations, margaritas, nap time, running, coffee, boys that play golf, our kids, and the list goes on.
4. Jane was my matron of honor in my wedding.
5. Jane is from Austin. She has a quirky liberal spirit that she attributes to A-town....and I love that about her.
6. Jane is a dancer. Deep down inside I wish I was a dancer, so I like being friends with dancers.
7. Jane has a sweet baby boy and I am his godmother. I love that....and I love him.
8. Jane wears glasses and hates contacts. Me too!
9. Jane says, "Ok bye," really fast before we hang up the phone. It's funny...I promise.
10. She has way better style than I will ever have.
11. I read somewhere that your friends show you love through loving your kids. Jane LOVES my kids. She was there in the delivery room for Maddy and has been there every step of the way in my journey in parenting. We love our Tia!
12. Did I mention her style? She is also b e a u t i f u l!! And I think she is elegant too, must be the dancer thing.
13. Jane is really smart and channels her inner geek with pride. She has two degrees, reads constantly, and listens to NPR and talk radio.
14. Jane loves flowers. She is really good at arranging bouquets and even arranged this one for Cecily's wedding.
15. Jane is real, down to earth, and genuine....and no not simple at all.
16. She is giving. She loves to give good gifts to her friends and family and takes time to really give things people need and enjoy. I consider myself a subpar gift giver, so I really admire this quality in her.
17. She can speak Spanish.
18. She's learning to play the guitar.
19. She loves TCU like I do.
20. We lived together...four times. Suitemates, housemates, apartment mates (is that a word?), and then she let Logan and I live with her for a few months when we were homeless before Maddy came along.
21. We have travelled together and we're going to California together in a few months! And some of these ladies above too!
22. She was a beautiful bride.
23. She has fluffy white pets. Two of them.
25. Jane is a teacher and I know is going to impact the lives of many students in the future. She is passionate about making learning fun. Who wouldn't want to learn from this girl?
26. She has cute handwriting that channels Century Gothic font (which was her font in AIM if anyone remembers that). I really love it and wish mine was as cute as hers.
27. We could finish off a sleeve or two of Oreos in one sitting.
28. She sends me links to funny blogs about mama's that are melting down (which I often am). This helps me breath easier.
29. She loves live music and gives me CD's of music she likes. I often just listen to the radio because I'm lazy like that. With her, I have cool tunes.
30. She loves me, my kids, and my craziness. Thank you Jane for being there for all of us and I can't wait to see all you accomplish before you turn 30. I know it will be a great year.











Ahhhhhhhh! I just had a chance to read this!! you sneaky little lady! "I updated my blog" pshhhshshshshhs! I looooove you! Thank you for loving me! Ahhhh! this was so nice. tear. ok bye.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Happy Birthday Jane!
ReplyDeleteI am so late to reading these posts but I just had to comment. Your list of 3o reasons why you love Jane just made me fall in love with Jane all over again. What great friends we have :) I think we can all thank good ol' TCU for this match made in heaven.
ReplyDelete